There is a strong sense that when Avengers: Age of Ultron ends, the Avengers as we know them will be torn apart. There is also a thought that when Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 hits, Iron Man will be the only original member left and he will have a brand new team. With that in mind, if I could choose from 10 people to be part of The Avengers in place of the team we have already seen in the movies, here are the 10 Avengers that I would choose from.
10. Hank Pym – I would have ranked Hank Pym at the top of the list, preferably as Yellow Jacket, but the Marvel Cinematic Universe already ruined any possibility of that ever happening. Basically, I don’t mind Scott Lang as Ant-Man in the movies, but I hate the fact that they made Hank Pym a senior citizen. I guess it will be cool because it can add to the classic storyline about the origination of S.H.I.E.L.D., possibly on Agent Carter, and we can see Pym as Ant-Man maybe on that show. But, damn if I didn’t want to see Hank Pym in The Avengers.
9. Moon Knight – One of my all-time favorite Marvel Comics characters is Moon Knight and I really hope that he can earn himself a Netflix show one day in the future (along with maybe Punisher getting one as well). For those who don’t know, Moon Knight is Marc Specter, a millionaire who was also a mercenary and a taxi cab driver, and the best thing is that all three men were under different aliases, making the costumed Moon Knight the fourth persona for the hero. He was a member of the West Coast Avengers and I want to see him show up somewhere in the Marvel Cinematic Universe – soon.
8. Scarlet Witch – Scarlet Witch is already on her way and will be in Avengers: Age of Ultron. It is also pretty assured that she will be a member of The Avengers when the Infinity War starts, so this is one that is already set. I ranked her lower on this list because, honestly, she became a character that I despised in the comics after a while. However, I hated Iron Man as well in the comics, but loved him in the movies, so there is hope.
7. Hercules – If Marvel is phasing out Thor from the movies, Hercules is the perfect person to replace him in the Avengers lineup. While Thor is Norse and the Son of Odin, Hercules is Greek and the demigod son of Zeus. Of course, it might be hard to get Hercules in Marvel thanks to the two movies that hit this year about him, but he was awesome in the comics, a hard drinking superhero who loved to take part in bar fights just as much as he loved to fight villains.
6. Wonder Man – The next two men are connected in the comics, but won’t be in the movies. Wonder Man was Simon Williams, a superhero who eventually becomes a movie star and almost prefers the stardom of Hollywood over being a card carrying member of The Avengers. He has been a member since very early on, starting out as a villain, before rehabilitating. He died in the comics, and his memories was implanted in the body of the World War II android Human Torch to create The Vision. Wonder Man came back from the dead and remained a very powerful and entertaining hero.
5. Vision – Vision appears in Avengers: Age of Ultron as well. I already said how he was created, but in the comics it was Ultron who created him. Much like Ultron turned on his father and creator Hank Pym in the comics, Vision turned on his father and creator and joined The Avengers. In the movies, it looks like Tony Stark made Ultron and Vision is the old JARVIS, so there is no telling how the movie creation will go. Either way, Vision has a great story because – as a robot – his thought process and alignments are very different than humans, so he is almost as antagonistic as he is helpful in certain situations.
4. Wasp – So, am I crazy for putting Wasp in this high? I don’t know, because Wasp was one of the leaders of The Avengers for many years. She is a socialite who ends up loving her role as a hero. She is nothing like anyone in The Avengers and could really bring something fresh to Marvel movies. However, as Hank Pym’s ex-wife, there is no way to add her without changing her origin and ignoring who she is in the comics. But, she is a great character that could breathe new life into the movies.
3. Captain Marvel – Unlike Wasp, Carol Danvers is a super powered version of Black Widow and is a soldier above all else. She will fit in perfectly in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and is supposed to have a small role (maybe just a cameo) in Avengers: Age of Ultron before becoming the first female superhero to get a movie in the new Marvel Cinematic Universe. She is joining The Avengers and will be a great addition.
2. Black Panther – Black Panther will also likely join The Avengers. He will appear in costume in Captain America: Civil War and then get his own movie. I would be shocked if he is not a member of the team by the time the Infinity War starts. Black Panther brings the same royalty that Thor brings to the current team, so while Hercules would be an awesome replacement for Thor’s power, Panther could really replace Thor’s nobility.
1. Luke Cage – Luke Cage is getting his own Netflix Marvel show and will be part of the team-up movie of The Defenders. However, when looking at The Avengers over the last decade, if you eliminate Wolverine and Spider-Man (which you should – they should never have been Avengers), Luke Cage was the heart and soul of the new-look Avengers. When Civil War started, it may have been Iron Man vs. Captain America, but Luke Cage was the center of The Avengers team. He should not only be in the big movie Avengers, but he should play a huge role in it.
So, what are your thoughts on my choices? Who would you choose? Let us know in the comment section below.