With 2014 finished, Box Office Mojo has the finale ranking of the most profitable movies of the year. Of course, you will see lots of lists with the best movies of the year, but honestly, what studios want to see is which movies made them the most money. That makes the top 10 films of 2014 at the box office so interesting.
On this list, you get five movies based on Marvel Comics, proving that the people praying for the death of the form are wasting their time. There are also two animated movies, a movie about apes taking over the world and three movies that were panned by critics (Transformers: Age of Extinction, Maleficent and The Amazing Spider-Man 2).
It proves that, when it comes to spectacle, there are some movies that are just bulletproof from critic’s pens, and Transformers is one of those movie franchises.
With that said, here are the top 10 films of 2014 based on box office totals.
- Guardians of the Galaxy – $332,862,030 (BUY it from Amazon here)
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 – $313,229,000
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier – $259,766,572 (BUY it from Amazon here)
- The LEGO Movie – $257,760,692 (BUY it from Amazon here)
- Transformers: Age of Extinction – $245,439,076 (BUY it from Amazon here)
- Maleficent – $241,410,378 (BUY it from Amazon here)
- X-Men: Days of Future Past – $233,921,534 (BUY it from Amazon here)
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes – $208,545,589 (BUY it from Amazon here)
- Big Hero 6 – $204,580,000
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 – $202,853,933 (BUY it from Amazon here)