Renegade Cinema will be at the Wizard World Tulsa Comic Con this weekend and will bring you a ton of coverage from the biggest comic convention to ever hit Oklahoma. A who’s-who of geek favorite talent will be at this year’s event including Captain Kirk himself, William Shatner, and Freddy Krueger in person, Robert Englund.
Here is a look at a recent press release that Wizard World Tulsa Comic Con sent out about the special Creator Sessions panel programming at the huge event.
Question-and-answer sessions featuring celebrities William Shatner (Star Trek), Tom Felton (Harry Potter), James Marsters (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Robert Englund (A Nightmare On Elm Street), Jon Bernthal and Scott Wilson of The Walking Dead, Ralph Macchio (The Karate Kid) and top artists, costume contests and screening of the cult classic The Crow highlight the diverse programming schedule at the inaugural Wizard World Tulsa Comic Con, Friday through Sunday, November 7-9 at the Cox Business Center. Most programming is included as part of the standard event admission.
Some of the highlights of the more than 70 scheduled panels are:
- Interactive Q&A sessions with Shatner (Saturday, 2 p.m.), Felton (Saturday, 5:30 p.m.), Marsters (Saturday, 1 p.m.), Englund (Saturday, 3 p.m.), Macchio (Saturday, 3:30 p.m.), Corey Feldman (Saturday, 5:30 p.m.), Dean Cain (Sunday, noon), Runita Wesley (Sunday, 1 p.m.), Eliza Dushku (Sunday, 1:45 p.m.), Michael Rooker (Saturday, 4 p.m.), Alan Ritchson (Saturday, 4:30 p.m.) and more
- Group Q&As featuring the “The Walking Dead” duo of Bernthal and Wilson (Saturday, noon) and Boondock Saints tandem of Sean Patrick Flanery and David Della Rocco (Sunday, 2:45 p.m.)
- Informative discussions with noted creators Phil Ortiz (Friday, 5 p.m.), Michael Golden (Saturday, 12:30 p.m.), Rob Liefeld (Saturday, 12:30 p.m.), Mark Bagley (Saturday, 2:30 p.m.) and others, many moderated by Danny Fingeroth
- Live performance by “World of Warcraft” composer Jason Hayes and “Critical Hit,” a videogame music tribute band performing original arrangements and electrifying live concerts of music from the most celebrated videogames of all time (Saturday, 6:15 p.m.)
- Screening of the cult classic The Crow (Saturday, 7 p.m.), preceded by a Q&A with creator James O’Barr
- Latest version of “Con Radio Live” featuring Wizard World’s own Mo Lightning and Aaron Sagers (Saturday, 5:30 p.m.)
- Costume contests for adults (Saturday, 7 p.m.) and kids (Sunday, 3 p.m.), plus cosplay-themed sessions with Wizard World personality Damian Beurer and others
- Creator Pro-Am Drink & Draw (Friday, 8:30 p.m., White Flag 116 S Elgin Ave.) and Wizard World After Party (Saturday, 9 p.m., IDL Ballroom, 230 E 1st St., free with Wizard World wristband)
- Meet-and-greets with Jason David Frank (Saturday, 11 a.m.; Sunday, 11:30 a.m.) (Paid events)
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms at the Cox Business Center. VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted. (*Note: Frank Meet & Greets require a separate ticket.)
A full list of Wizard World Tulsa Comic Con programming is available at http://wizd.me/PRProgrammingTulsa (subjects, guests, times and rooms subject to change).
Wizard World Tulsa Comic Con is the 15th of 16 events currently scheduled in the 2014 series produced by Wizard World, Inc. (OTCBB: WIZD). For more on the event, visit http://wizd.me/TulsaPR.