Top 5 Movie Trailers Released this Week: 03.08.14

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinteresttumblrby feather

Renegade Cinema is presenting a new weekly feature where we look at the Top 5 movie trailers released for a given week. Here is a look at our first week’s best movie trailers for the week ending on March 8, 2014.

Top 5 Movie Trailers

 

Frank

Well, I know this looks like a quirky indie that is just trying to be quirky, but at the same time, it looks amusing and quirky in the right ways. It is also amazing to me that a major movie star like Michael Fassbender will star in a movie where you never see his face. Maggie Gyllenhaal also looks just about perfect in her performance as well.

[fresh_video url=”http://youtu.be/9dcLw6CPzIs”]

 

Locke

If you have ever seen Phone Booth with Colin Ferrell, this looks like a similar movie as far as the first trailer is concerned. Tom Hardy stars as Ivan Locke, a man with a perfect lief who finds his entire life unraveling thanks to a cell call. The trailer shows that he is in a car driving the entire time while different people call him. It looks pretty intense and I have faith that Hardy can kill in a role like this.

[fresh_video url=”http://youtu.be/_METW96TAFw”]

 

Transformers: Age of Extinction

I think we now know what they meant when they said that the new Transformers movie was darker than the ones that came before. In this new trailer, we see the story – the Transformers are gone until Mark Wahlberg finds Optimus Prime. Then we see the government saying they don’t need the Transformers anymore, only for aliens to attack the earth. This looks a lot more aggressive than the first three movies and it has me interested.

[fresh_video url=”http://youtu.be/O4lc-hayA2M”]

 

Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

I absolutely loved the first Sin City movie and this one has me really excited as well. Fantastic trailer and it looks like I will be back for more this August.

[fresh_video url=”http://youtu.be/RH81j9vamZo”]

 

 Only Lovers Left Alive

This is the second trailer I have seen for Jim Jarmusch’s Only Lovers Left Alive. For those who have no idea who Jawmusch is, this is not your typical vampire movie and I would guess 90 percent of the world will hate it. The other 10 percent will be all the better for watching it. This might be the most unique vampire movie you will ever see.

[fresh_video url=”http://youtu.be/Z5cQFDEjQXY”]

 

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinteresttumblrby feather

About the Author

Shawn S. Lealos
Shawn is a film critic with over 25 years of experience in print and online media. He is a member of the Oklahoma Film Critics Circle and loves everything from critically acclaimed movies to B-level action flicks.
Optimization WordPress Plugins & Solutions by W3 EDGE
Google